Contributed Content: Library Services on the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Campuses has made many changes to our space, services, and resources in the months since March, when the college closed up its buildings and moved online. We worked in that time to meet as many student needs as we could at a distance, and this fall semester we continue to shift and adapt to the changing needs of our students, staff, and faculty, and that includes the need to do our part to keep our community safe. These are some of the changes the library has implemented this semester:
- Masks required: As in the rest of campus, all library users must wear a mask while in the library.
- Seating: We have removed many chairs and spread out computers to allow for social distancing between users.
- Sanitizing supplies: We have hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available for each visitor to clean their own table and computer keyboard and mouse before and after use.
- Contact tracing: We are taking k numbers at the door for now. The college’s Covid committee has asked us to keep track of people coming in the library for potential contact tracing. We keep this information private and secure, and delete it after 14 days.
- Study rooms: These are now one-person only, for WebLive and Zoom class attendance.
- Laptop checkouts: Because of limited supply, laptops now have a 2-day checkout with no renewals.
- Respondus for taking tests: Additional laptops with Respondus browser lockdown are available for use in the library for taking online tests.
- Library hours: Late night hours are suspended, and Saturday hours are online-only.
We welcome students, staff, and faculty to continue using the library, as we make it as safe as we can for you.
Digital Services Librarian