CONTRIBUTED: It’s been a long strange year and this semester we’ll all still have to remain flexible. Expect there to be changes both around the main campus and around Library Services.
We are no longer taking k-numbers at the door. A lot of our furniture is back and more than one person per table again. The drinking fountains work. We’re back to our regular number of computers. One table remains with only 3 and several machines are in the study carrels so there are still social distanced options. Our reserve section is available again where you can check out books your instructors put on hold to study in the library or to make photocopies. Our study rooms upstairs are normally designated for groups to give a group of people who knows they’ll be talking a place to go without disturbing other students. For the last year we’ve had them for single use only for social distancing and Zoom class access and for now you can use them whichever way you feel safest. Although this might not be your best option either way because of construction.
Construction is continuing at the Cedar Rapids campus library through December 2021, but the physical library is open. You have to follow the fenced wall of arrows around the edge of the construction to get in. Quiet study is not available so consider studying elsewhere. If you’re looking for a quiet place to Zoom or work with a small group try the rooms next to the Educational Resource Center in the Cedar Hall first floor hallway. These 4 rooms can be used by either a single person or by small groups. The rooms are kept locked. Ask at the Social Sciences Office (1088 CH) around the corner to unlock one for you.
- Please note: there is no way through the library to get to either Kirkwood Hall or Cedar Hall.
- To get to Nielsen Hall, follow the same route to Cedar Hall and keep going. Walk around Cedar Hall and up to the top of the hill. The computer lab/where to get EagleCards is on the bottom floor of Nielsen.
- To get to Kirkwood Hall/One-Stop follow the cement path around the far side of the construction away from the library and up the hill. One-Stop is most of the second floor.
Library hours in both Iowa City and Cedar Rapids are changing slightly. Further changes are possible so confirm current hours before you make a special trip. Scroll down to Hours on the homepage to get a current list for both libraries or contact us any of the ways listed below. Changes are bolded below.
Cedar Rapids Kirkwood library hours:
- Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Iowa City Kirkwood library hours:
- Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
You can contact us: Chat, Text 319-774-6491, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone Cedar Rapids 319-398-5697, Iowa City 319-887-3613