Slow Cooker Turkey
Adapted from www.recipetineats.com
4 lb. turkey breast
1 head of garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 ½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Place rub ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine into a paste.
2. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels. Slather with the rub.
3. Place the garlic, onion, and thyme on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the turkey breast on top.
4. Cook on low for six hours or until internal temperature is 165F. Do not cook on high.
Turkey Stuffing Sandwiches
1. Prepare stuffing according to instructions on the box or warm up leftover stuffing.
2. Combine about 2 cups of shredded turkey with prepared stuffing.
3. Serve on hamburger buns.
Corn Bread Casserole
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
1 can cream style corn
Butter or margarine
1. Combine cornbread mix, eggs, corn and just enough milk to make a cake-like batter.
2. Spread in a well buttered pan (preferably a cast iron skillet) and bake according to package instructions.
3. Halfway through, add more butter to top and sides of the casserole (amount is really up to your taste/tolerance).
Green Bean Casserole
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
2 tsp soy sauce
¼ tsp ground black pepper
8 cups cooked green beans (canned, drained, are a quick-fix choice)
2 2/3 cup French fried onions (or more if you like the crunch)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper and green beans in a 3-quart casserole dish.
3. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
4. Stir, then top with onions and bake another 5-10 minutes.
Easy Pumpkin Cake
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
1 (18.25 oz.) box of spice cake mix
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1 tub cream cheese frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In large bowl, mix the spice cake mix and canned pumpkin until well blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Cool and top with cream cheese frosting. Store in refrigerator.
Easy Snickers Salad
8 ounces Cool Whip
6 Granny Smith apples, washed
1 1/2 cups chopped Snickers bars (about 6 full size bars)
3 cups purple grapes, washed and stems removed
1. Chop the apples and Snickers.
2. Put in a bowl with the grapes and gently fold in Cool Whip.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Categories: Art & Life