Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb lean turkey sausage (or sliced chicken sausage) – Can substitute with a vegan friendly sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 14 oz canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 oz canned diced Italian tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 packages fresh spinach
Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned.
Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook for 406 minutes until onion begins to become translucent.
Add the white beans, diced tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, bay leaf, and oregano. Bring to a simmer and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
Remove bay leaf (before adding spinach). Add spinach and stir until wilted. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serves 4.
Pairs nicely with Italian bread or a Rosemary flavored bread or sourdough.
Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 1 (8 ounces)boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 package Three Cheese Tortellini (9 oz.)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring broth, leeks and chicken to a boil in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken, leaving leeks and broth in pan. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
Add tortellini to pan; boil, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
While tortellini are cooking, whisk eggs, lemon juice, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. When tortellini are cooked, whisk about 1 cup hot broth into egg mixture. Return egg mixture to soup in pan.
Stir in chicken. Serve warm.
Sea breeze salad
- 4 Small boxes of lime jello
- 1 Can lemon pie filling
- 1 Bag of multi colored marshmallows
Follow the direction on the jello package to make the 4 boxes of jello.
Mix the lemon pie filling in with the jello.
Top with colorful marshmallows.
Allow jello to solidify before serving.
St. Paul salad
- 2 small boxes of orange jello (just the powder)
- 1 tub of cottage cheese
- 1 can of crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 large can of mandarin oranges (drained)
- Large or medium tub of whipped cream
Mix everything together in a large bowl and serve.
Categories: Art & Life, Recipes
Leave a Reply